venerdì 18 aprile 2008

TASK 5: COMMENT ON FORUMS


The post in the forum called “women in politics” strikes my eyes... the reply of Kristen was very interesting, she says that the problem is not only the gender but also the color of the skin.
The examples of this electoral campaign clearly Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton; however, Kristen gives an other examples: Shirley Chisholm, who in 1972 was candidate for presidency although she was female and black, clearly she loose her campaign, the time was not mature.
What I think is that Hilary and Obama have a great possibility to win the campaign, both candidates have something different: one is black, the other is female. What a match!!
Personally, I like Hilary because, of course she is a woman and furthermore she has experience; in Italy it was said that during the government of Clinton it was her who commanded, I like the fact she is a strong woman and I believe she will govern her country without problems. I like Obama because he has fresh ideas and he did not take money from oil companies for his campaign.

This is about USA and what about Italy?
I write this post late because I was ill, now one knows that Berlusconi won the campaign in Italy against his main adversary Veltroni. The battle in Italy is always between white males, which is not a novelty. I believe that women in Parlamento are very few; the only female candidate was Daniela Santanché belonging to right wing. I like the fact that a woman was candidate, but when I heard her verbal fight with Alessandra Mussolini she fall into my disfavor…

Nessun commento: