During this period I had some Skype conversation with my peer Brian. He is an Italian American person and so he knows Italian culture: his grandparents come from South Italy and he often come to visit them.
I did not feel cultural differences, may be sometimes I feel difference of age; in USA the students are younger than Italian students.
We exchange information about the topics (for example terrorism) given by our teachers, but I’d prefer to talk also about us, for example about university, personal interest, the symbols (movies, TV films, stars, music..) and the big problems (sanitary system, poverty, obesity, immigrants..) of USA.
The level of the target language of my American peer is a little bit inferior (clearly because American students study Italian since few years), so I tried to speak slowly and with short sentences to make him understand better what I want to say.
I did not feel cultural differences, may be sometimes I feel difference of age; in USA the students are younger than Italian students.
We exchange information about the topics (for example terrorism) given by our teachers, but I’d prefer to talk also about us, for example about university, personal interest, the symbols (movies, TV films, stars, music..) and the big problems (sanitary system, poverty, obesity, immigrants..) of USA.
The level of the target language of my American peer is a little bit inferior (clearly because American students study Italian since few years), so I tried to speak slowly and with short sentences to make him understand better what I want to say.

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento