
It is not easy to find all the information you need about a theme. In the website of the university of Essex it is said that some problems can arise (the web material change daily, the name of the author sometimes felt, it is difficult to locate the text in the exact part of the web page, the information of the web addresses are sometimes cumbersome; but there are some solutions (you can put the date you make the access, you use the smallest unit of responsibility, you can write the heading and use a footnote). However I think that these solutions are not definitive, something sometimes is missing compared to a book bibliography.
The second URL speaks about the quantity of information of the web. Sometimes there too much things and other times the quality is not good, so you are obliged to evaluate the sources.
The third website has some questions regarding the evaluation of sources. It gives importance to the publisher of information and to check the credentials and affiliations of the website. The third and fourth points are the date of the sources, which clearly should be updated and the information should be authentic. The last thing is the point of view of who gives the information.
All these are very good criteria which I can use for my research. I think the most important thing is the website: obviously for my thesis I will use web sites of English and American universities… because the writer should be an expert of the theme. The second thing is the date of the text, because the opinions may change so rapidly, so the website must be updated.
I think all these criteria useful because I write a lot of times in my previous posts that I feel lost in the big world web… but I consider these two things the more useful.
The second URL speaks about the quantity of information of the web. Sometimes there too much things and other times the quality is not good, so you are obliged to evaluate the sources.
The third website has some questions regarding the evaluation of sources. It gives importance to the publisher of information and to check the credentials and affiliations of the website. The third and fourth points are the date of the sources, which clearly should be updated and the information should be authentic. The last thing is the point of view of who gives the information.
All these are very good criteria which I can use for my research. I think the most important thing is the website: obviously for my thesis I will use web sites of English and American universities… because the writer should be an expert of the theme. The second thing is the date of the text, because the opinions may change so rapidly, so the website must be updated.
I think all these criteria useful because I write a lot of times in my previous posts that I feel lost in the big world web… but I consider these two things the more useful.

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento